- 2 Large chicken breasts cut into 2 in. cubes
- 5 Beef franks hotdogs cut in 1 in. diagonal pieces
- 1-15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1-8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 Medium sized onion sliced thinly
- 4 Garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 2 Medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 Large carrot cut in 2 in. long pieces
- 1 Red bell pepper seeded and cut in 1 in. strips
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp. Ground black peppercorns
- ½ Tbs. Salt
You can substitute the hotdogs with chicken liver if you prefer. I have also combined chicken and pork belly before with great results.
In a large pot combine chicken, garlic, onion, ground black pepper, tomato sauce, (both cans) and bay leaf. Stir and bring it to a simmer. Cover pot and let it cook for 12 minutes on medium low heat. Add hotdogs, carrots, and potatoes. Stir and cover pot and let it cook for another 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Adjust taste by adding more salt & pepper if needed. Finally add the red bell peppers and cook it for another 5 minutes. Serve rice and top with chicken Afritada and fish sauce (patis) for dipping sauce. Enjoy!