KBP President Ruperto S. Nicdao, Jr. said that some of the songs entered in the songwriting contest have already been played on the air by KBP stations and made available on the music download site of Click Music Philippines, a joint project of KBP and FILCOMDEC. Nicdao said that after the finals night on Friday, both the winners and the finalists will receive even greater public exposure.
“The KBP opened the radio airwaves to original Filipino compositions in 1975 and helped to establish in the minds of our people that Filipino songs are the equal of foreign songs.” Nicdao said. “We are hoping that the KBP Pop Music Festival will further reinvigorate the creative powers of our composers and give the public more new songs to enjoy and be proud of.”
The Grand Prize winner in the competition will receive a cash prize of 100,000 pesos and a trophy. The First Runner-up will receive a cash prize of 75,000 pesos and a trophy and the Second Runner-up 50,000 pesos and a trophy.
The 11 songs that will compete for the Grand Prize, and are already entitled to receive a cash prize of 25,000 pesos each as category winners, are:
1. Hatinggabi, Agatha Morallos, composer, Pop category winner
2. Awit Mo, Awit Ko, Michaell Bon, composer, Folk category winner
3. Chaket Ulo, Chaket Tyan, Marlon Mendoza, Jr., composer, Novelty category winner
4. Posible, Mary Gian Ajero, composer, Rock category winner
5. Lumuluha ang Puso Ko, Edwin Marollano, composer, Country category winner
6. What Am I to You, Andre Calixto, composer, R &B category winner
7. Sandata, Arman Ato Alferez, composer, Gospel/Inspirational category winner
8. Lead the Way, Kat Lopez, Cedric Bonjoc & James Palma, composers, Hip Hop category winner
9. Stop, Look and Listen, Agatha Morallos, composer, Dance category winner
10. Maynila, Mike de Lara, composer, Jazz category winner
11. Give the Children A Chance, Leo Rosario, composer, Children’s song category winner
Press Release 012-001. KAPISANAN NG MGA BRODKASTER NG PILIPINAS.