_TRAVEL SAFETY TIPS
• Always bring loose change when taking public transport. Prepare to hop in a jeepney, tricycle, or pedicab ---exotic modes of land transport that are the most commonly available for going around.
• Know the transport schedules. Some destinations are only being serviced intermittently, and some extreme weather conditions affect these schedules.
• Air-conditioned taxis should cost PhP40 on the meter. An extra PhP4 will be added for every 500 meters.
• Comfortable yet sturdy footwear are best, as traveling the islands will often involve some walking.
• When headed to the remote areas, come prepared with an insect repellant and even your own water in handy containers. Always have the island map with you.
• When traveling by car, be mindful of the number coding ordinance for vehicles that is being strictly implemented in selected cities.